donderdag 20 juni 2013

My experience with cheerleading in the netherlands (cheerleaden in nederland)

So as some of you guys may know, I'm a cheerleader! 
So I took this post upon myself to tell you a little bit about cheerleading. (wich has been officially recocnised as a sport since half may)

Cheerleading in the netherlands isn't popular at all, and gets confused with pompom dancing a lot (pompom dancing, as the name says, is dancing with pompoms)
When I started cheerleading about a year ago I had no idea what to expect, to be honest I tought that my squad was the only one in the netherlands. as it turned out to be there are about six or seven other squads competing in the netherlands, and it is growing every year. anyway enough with the boring statistics. 
So a cheerleading routine consists of stunting, dancing and tumbling. stunting is my favourite part since I'm a flyer which means I get tossed into the air. which is scary but still a lot of fun :)
So last sunday was the second big national competition in Utrecht, My squad and I got second place so I'm proud of my team. after the award ceremony there was a 5 hour workshop in which we learned a lot of stunts, our coach was a scottish guy from SCOcheer. 


Well, I've learned a lot in my year of cheerleading. I'm just wondering what on earth I'm going to do in summer break becouse I don't think I will survive six to eight weeks of no cheerleading. 

Do you have any questions or do you want to cheer but don't know where to begin? please leave a comment!

P.S. you may have noticed that my posts are not only about fashion anymore. also the name of my blog has changed, this is becouse I wanted to post a little bit bore about my own life and a little less about fashion. I'm still going to post about fashion tough but just changing it up with some lifestyle
XOXO


1 opmerking: